Have you been on the naughty or the nice list? If you find yourself leaning towards the naughty or if you’re just looking to score extra brownie points with Santa, be sure to bake him these brownies; stack ‘em on a plate, pour a glass of milk and leave him a note telling him how slim he’s looking 😉 It’ll surely do the trick!
Ingredients for Bowl #1
(1¼) Cups of Salted Butter,melted
(¾) Cup of Cocoa Powder by Green & Black’s
(1) Cup of 70% dark chocolate by Lindt, roughly chopped
(2) Tbsp. of Instant Coffee by Nestle
(2) Tsp. of Pure Vanilla Extract
(2) Tsp. of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Combine the chopped dark chocolate, cocoa powder, instant coffee, Himalayan salt, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Melt your butter on medium heat
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture created in the mixing bowl
- With a spoon, gently stir all the ingredients together, to create a smooth and silky ganache
Ingredients for Bowl #2
(1) Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- Measure 1 cup of all-purpose flour and set aside in a mixing bowl
Ingredients for Bowl #3
(¾) Cup of Granulated Sugar
(⅓)Cup of Brown Sugar
- Combine your granulated and brown sugar in a mixing bowl
- Crack one egg at a time into the sugar mixture and whisk together
- Once all five eggs have been added, whisk the entire mixture for approximately 8-10 minutes, creating a thick pancake batter-like consistency
- Pour in the ganache created in bowl #1 to your egg+sugar mixture in bowl #2 and whisk together
- Add in the all-purpose flour set aside in bowl #2 to your mixture and gently fold everything together – Voila! Your brownie batter is officially ready!
Prepping your Baking Dish & Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Thoroughly grease your baking dish with butter
- Place two sheets of Parchment paper over the greased baking dish, creating a cross.
- Ensure to grease between both sheets as well as the top of the second sheet
- Pour your brownie batter into the baking dish and even out any bumps.
- Place your baking dish in the oven and set the timer at 45 minutes.
- Once the first 20 minutes have passed, pull out your baking dish (leave the oven running).
- Place your baking dish on a flat surface and give it a couple of hard whacks; this will release any trapped air
- Place the dish back in the oven and allow it to bake for the remaining 25 minutes
Prepping to plate
- Allow the Brownie sheet to cool on a cooling rack before cutting
- While cutting your brownies, be sure to clean your knife in between every cut for a clean cut
- Place your brownies on a plate, pour yourself (and Santa) a glass of milk and enjoy!
Ingredients for Garnish (optional)
(1) Peppermint Candy-cane by Hammond’s, crushed